The hall is available for hire by any member of the public.
For bookings details please use our online booking system.
For more information please contact:
The Parish Clerk at email@example.com
or phone the Clerk on 07762 699783
Ann (the Hall Caretaker)
on 07808 393874.
GWENNAP PARISH COUNCIL (GPC)
Terms and Conditions of Hire of The Parish Rooms, Pulla Cross
(effective from 01/01/2022, subject to change without prior notice)
References in these terms and conditions to ‘the Hall’ includes reference to any or all of the rooms and spaces which comprise the Parish Rooms
Provisional bookings can be made on our online portal:
PLEASE NOTE: BY TICKING THE
‘I AGREE TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS’
BOX WHEN SUBMITTING A PROVISIONAL BOOKING, IT DECLARES YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND COMPLIANCE OF AND WITH ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS EXPRESSED IN THIS DOCUMENT.
It is important when you hire or use our Hall that you read and understand these Conditions of Hire as your booking acceptance constitutes your agreement to these terms and conditions. As the terms and conditions are part of the agreement to hire the Hall, they apply in all cases and to all Hall users, whether hirers have formally agreed to them or not.
Once a booking has been made and a hirer receives an automated booking confirmation, GPC will assume that the hirer will abide by the conditions and will ensure that those who use the Hall in conjunction with their booking, act in accordance with them.
GPC will assume that anyone signing on behalf of an organisation is duly authorised to do so.
Charges for all bookings can be found on the online booking system.
Bookings are charged individually in accordance with the schedule of charges, subject to any special discounts or other provisions. As well as charges for the use of our Hall and the facilities, there may be additional charges for use of equipment. These are all shown on the booking system and/or confirmed when a pro-forma invoice is issued as confirmation of the booking.
Payment is required in full by direct transfer (BACS) by no later than 14 days after the online booking is accepted and immediately after the booking is accepted if the date of hire is less than 14 days from date of booking.
Security/damage deposits may be required in some circumstances as set out in the schedule of charges. Returnable deposits will be returned after the date of hire (or after the last date of hire), less any deductions, with a credit note, if required.
Once the booking confirmation has been accepted and all hire fees paid, the Hall will not be hired out to any other user at that time without the prior agreement of the hirer. If a provisional booking has been made and subsequently not confirmed, the slot may be taken by someone else.
All hirers will be responsible to pay for any damage / breakages whether accidental or caused by vandalism including the cost of re-decoration or replacement of assets if repairs are uneconomical.
Cancellations by the hirer and cancellation charges:
Cancellation rules and charges are set out in the schedule of charges.
GPC will be reasonably flexible in relation to modifications, postponements and cancellations; however, GPC reserves the right to charge cancellation fees in accordance with the rules specified.
Cancellations by GPC:
GPC reserves the right to cancel a booking by written notice in the following circumstances:
- The Hall is required for use as a Polling Station for a Parliamentary or Local Government election or by-election.
- GPC reasonably consider that such hiring will lead to a breach of licensing conditions, if applicable, or other legal or statutory requirements or that unlawful or unsuitable activities will take place at the Hall as a result of the hiring.
- The Hall becoming unfit for the use intended by the hirer.
- An emergency requiring use of the Hall as a shelter for the victims of flooding, snowstorm, fire, explosion, or those at risk of these or similar disasters. In any such case, the hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any fees already paid, however GPC shall not be liable to the hirer for any resulting direct or indirect loss or damages whatsoever.
Access to the Hall/time periods of hire:
- Bookings relate only to times that were requested at the point of booking by the hirer.
- There is a minimum hire period of 2 hours.
- Hire periods will be in 15-minute units starting and finishing on the quarter hour.
- Hire periods must be long enough to allow for any setting up of and putting away or dismantling of any furniture or equipment. It is stressed that if more time is needed for setting up / dismantling, this must be covered in the original booking.
- There will be a minimum of 30 minutes between bookings. You will be informed if another booking follows your booking and instructions and information will be provided if needed.
- Additional time spent in the Hall outside of any booking will be subject to the appropriate charge.
Access to the Hall is controlled by either direct handover from our Caretaker or Parish Clerk or by our key safe access system.
Hirers will be issued with an access PIN number to obtain the key to enter the Hall.
The specific detail of this and the return of any key will be communicated before the date of hire.
Use of the Hall and supervision:
The hirer (or an authorised representative) must be present during the period of hire and ensure that terms and conditions are observed.
Users of the Hall must always act responsibly and respect the property, its facilities and equipment.
The hirer shall, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for: supervision of the
Hall, the fabric and the contents; their care, safety from damage however slight or change of any sort; and the behaviour of all persons using the Hall whatever their capacity, including proper supervision of car parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction of the highway.
The hirer shall be responsible for leaving the Hall and surrounding area in a clean and tidy condition; utensils and equipment put away; lights, taps, heating etc all turned off; the building itself secured unless directed otherwise; and any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced.
If the hirer fails to meet this requirement, GPC shall be at liberty to make an additional charge to cover any reasonable costs incurred. The basic rule is that the Hall and facilities should be left as they were found.
The hirer shall not use the Hall for any purpose other than that described in the booking confirmation; shall not sub-hire or use the Hall or allow the Hall to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way; nor do anything or bring into the Hall anything which may endanger the Hall.
The hirer shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the Hall in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries or the consumption of alcohol.
The hirer shall not allow the consumption of alcohol unless this has been agreed to during the booking process. If permission is granted for the consumption of alcohol a damage limitation deposit of £100 shall be paid at the time of payment of hire. This deposit will be returned after an inspection of the Hall by the Parish Clerk, Caretaker or representative of the Council to ensure the satisfactory condition of the Hall.
If a bar for the sale of alcohol is required, the hirer shall be responsible for obtaining the necessary licence. Any such application must be mentioned at the time of booking and a deposit of £100, as above, will be required. A copy of any licence must be provided before the date of hire.
An additional cleaning charge of £10 may be charged for hire where alcohol is consumed.
Young people under the age of 18 must be always supervised by responsible adults, during their booking.
Supervisors must be provided by the hirer and be aged 21 and over, with a minimum ratio of 1 adult to 10 young people.
No children must be allowed in the kitchen without a supervising adult.
Smoking is against the law and is not permitted within the Hall. This prohibition has been extended to include the enclosed outside areas. Failure to comply will put future bookings in jeopardy. This includes the use of electric cigarettes, vaping or similar.
The performance of plays, the exhibition of films, the performance of live music, the playing of recorded music, the performance of dance, or any entertainment of a similar description to the above must be mentioned at the time of booking.
If licences are required in respect of any activity, the hirer should ensure that they hold the relevant licence and a copy must be provided before the hire date.
If a hirer is playing recorded music as part of an event for which a fee is charged
(for example, an exercise class) the hirer may need to have their own PRS licence. (This is not provided by GPC).
All users must be familiar with and observe the policies of GPC relating to but not
limited to Health and Safety; Equal Opportunities; Environment; and Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults.
Copies of these are available on the GPC website.
Any hirer or user of the Hall where children and/or vulnerable adults are involved must have appropriate policies/procedures and all appropriate insurance and child management protocols in place as directed by the appropriate authorities and must ensure that these are observed when using the Hall.
Numbers of users:
The hirer will that no more than 70 persons be in the Hall at any time. If these numbers are exceeded, the Hall insurance policy may be invalidated and the hirer would accept full responsibility. This maximum number may be altered at any time and any numbers mentioned in the current risk assessments regarding Covid 19 will take precedence.
All hirers must make themselves, and any individuals using the Hall as part of
their hire, aware of emergency escape routes and fire procedures as detailed on the notice board in the Hall kitchen. Fire exits must not be obstructed in any manner
No alterations or additions may be made to the Hall nor may any fixtures be installed, no placards, signage (internally and externally) decorations or other articles be attached in any way to any part of the Hall without the prior written approval of GPC. We do not allow bouncy castles or similar items in the Hall.
No advertising or publicity material will be displayed inside or outside the Hall without prior approval.
Any such items that are installed without approval will be removed and the hirer charged to make good the fabric of the Hall upon removal of the said item.
Any alteration, fixture or fitting or attachment so approved may, at the discretion of GPC, remain in the Hall at the end of the hiring. It will become the property of GPC unless removed by the hirer who must make good, to the satisfaction of GPC, any damage caused to the premises by such removal.
The hiring agreement constitutes permission only to use the Hall and
confers no tenancy or other right of occupation on the hirer.
No interference with the activities of other Hall users:
Any use must be conducted in such a way that it does not unreasonably interfere with the activities of other Hall or Field users by way of noise, disturbance or otherwise. All hirers must consider that the Parish Rooms are in a residential area and all efforts must be made to minimise noise and disturbance to neighbours.
In case of regular bookings, the user may not leave their own belongings or equipment in the Hall at any time without the permission of GPC.
Any belongings left in the Hall without prior agreement from GPC, will be treated as abandoned and will be disposed of.
Where permission has been granted to store belongings or equipment, the users must use space allocated to them. Please ensure any storage space is clean and tidy. Where locks are used on storage cupboards, GPC must be given access either by code or key upon request.
Approval for use of the Hall by political parties shall be determined by the nature of the occasion. Public meetings will not be permitted without prior approval.
Please note the following checks which must be followed and completed during your hire period:
- Leave the Hall clean and tidy (as you would have found it) and take care to spot mop any spillages etc.
- Clean down the tables and chairs and ensure that they have been put back as you would have found them, unless you have been asked to leave them out.
- Leave all floors and worktops clean and clutter free.
- Ensure all toilets are clean and flushed.
- Do not leave any food or rubbish in the Hall. Upon your departure, all rubbish, food and any refreshments or props must be taken away with you.
(Please note, you are not permitted to leave any rubbish around the vicinity of the Hall as this will be considered fly tipping and will be reported immediately.)
- Remove your rubbish for suitable disposable. Small amounts of rubbish may be left in the bins provided but do not dispose of any food or drink in these bins.
- Ensure all windows and doors are securely shut and fastened
- Ensure all the lights are turned off and that you are ready to leave the Hall with the above completed by the end time of your booking.
Failure to comply with the above may result in the following penalties:
- Should you fail to dispose of your rubbish as outlined above, this will incur a £25 removal fee.
- Should your booking overrun, and this interfere with a following booking a £25.00 fee will be charged. This will then increase by a further £5 charge in increments of every 15 minutes after this.
- Should you not leave the Hall in a satisfactory condition, the Caretaker / Parish Clerk will formally report including any evidence (if necessary) and you will be charged a further £25.00 fee.
- For any additional neglect of the Terms and Conditions, a penalty fee of £25 per item may be charged
You will be formally notified by GPC should you be in breach of any of the above, within 5 working days of your hire usage.
These fees are at the discretion of GPC and will be deducted from your deposit if one has been paid, or required for payment by way of an additional invoice.
All bookings, payments and administration:
Clerk & Proper Officer
All parties acknowledge the ongoing COVID-19 crisis in the UK and accept their obligation to comply with any official guidance from UK Government. The parties agree to communicate without delay any issues they may have in performing their obligations under these terms and conditions.
The hirer acknowledges that the impact of COVID-19 may require one or more of the following measures to be taken for the safety of staff and hirers / delegates attending the event to which this booking relates:
- maximum attendance number at the event imposed.
- food or drink availability limited.
- specific requirements regarding personal protective equipment such as the wearing of masks imposed.
- any planned entertainment for your event limited.
- alternative entrance and exit routes specified.
If GPC is obliged, due to specific Government restrictions, to close the venue,
GPC may offer the hirer an alternative date for the event but if that cannot be agreed the booking will be deemed cancelled and the hire fee will be returned in full.
GPC monitors government guidelines continuously and will update hirers regularly.
A Covid19 risk assessment is available on GPC’s website.